Good Questions Get Good Answers: Use These To Hire A Heating & Cooling Contractor
by Greg Leisgang on September 19, 2011
Posted in: Service
Hiring a good heating and cooling contractor is not as simple as calling the first one listed in the Greater Cincinnati Area phone book. You wouldn't trust your car to just any mechanic, so why would you let just any technician work on your valuable home comfort system?
Your friends and neighbors can provide recommendations of service providers that they have worked with. You can also find reputable companies through your local Better Business Bureau. As you are narrowing your choices, ask the contractor these questions to help you make an informed decision:
- Can you provide references? Your contractor should be able to provide both written testimonials and contact information for past or current customers.
- Are your technicians certified? Look for a heating and cooling contractor that works with NATE-certified technicians. North American Technician Excellence certification ensures that technicians are highly trained and knowledgeable about the most recent technologies and techniques for improving energy efficiency.
- What type of insurance do you have? Reliable heating and cooling contractors should maintain coverage for public liability, property damage and workers' compensation.
- Do you offer warranties? Find out if the contractor offers manufacturer warranties for new equipment or extended warranties. You should also ask if they guarantee their work and find out how they handle callbacks.
- Do you provide written contracts? Before work begins, you should agree to an estimate in writing. The estimate should also include language about how extra charges will be handled. Don't base your decision just on the price given in the estimate without carefully reviewing all of the included elements. The lowest quote may not include certain charges and you should avoid surprises.
- Do you have any special offers? Although you should not base your decision solely on price, a contractor that has special offers or discounts may help you save money.
If you're looking for a heating and cooling contractor in Butler County and the Greater Cincinnati area, look no further than Tri-County Heating & Cooling. Our NATE-certified technicians will expertly repair or service your home comfort system, or you can contact our sales team to help you select new energy-efficient equipment for your home.
Photo courtesy of shutterstock.com.